Back to Jobs
- Job Type Permanent
- Reference BH-780
- Salary 180000 - 220000
Sourcing & Procurement
- Posted Date September 10, 2021
- Leading MNC Industrial business
- Great regional Procurement leadership opportunity
- New position and opportunity to make an impact
A rare opportunity exists for a Regional Procurement Lead with a respected Industrial business with considerable operations across the Asia Pacific region. This position will see you leading the regional function managing over 10 countries and a team of ‘in-country’ procurement professionals with accountability for a spend of 150m regionally across Directs and In-Directs.
This position is a critical leadership appointment that will expose the successful candidate with responsibilities from India through to North Asia and down to Australasia. The purpose of this position is to lead the procurement function to the next level of maturity through best practice, supplier excellence, procurement process, and technology enablement. This position is a key appointment and a key conduit enabling strategy between the corporate headquarters and regional ‘in-country’ operations.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
• Developing procurement strategy appropriate to the regional commercial and market nuances.
• Driving excellence in category management, process best practice, technology enablement, and people development.
• Exposure across all Direct and Indirect categories with a particular focus on indirect, including CAPEX, MRO and significant Raw Material spend.
• Aligning the Asia Pacific region with corporate procurement strategy.
• Support, develop and manage ongoing a team of ‘in-country’ and ‘on-site’ procurement professionals across several countries.
• Develop and execute upon best practices in supplier and category management.
• Enhance and optimize procurement processes with the implementation of best practices, world-class stakeholder engagement, high training standards, and technology.
• Drive an outstanding level of industry compliance.
• Managing the various countries procurement managers via a matrix structure.
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Considerable procurement experience with ambitions to progress your career with a global Industrial business, this position will develop over time and the ideal candidate will be positioned in their career to grow with this role.
• A track record in a similar management capacity managing a procurement team and navigating a complex corporate structure, ideally in compliance led organization.
• Knowledge of Procurement best practices and experience working in a best in class procurement environment.
• A passion for developing a procurement team to the next skill level.
• Experience managing a broad range of direct and indirect categories.
• Culturally aware and sensitive when working across geographies.
• Project management capabilities and experience working with and rolling out procurement technologies.
• Minimum degree level tertiary qualifications supported by sound commercial leadership experience.
This position will be an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious and experienced procurement leader to progress their career in a regional capacity with a respected Industrial business whilst holding responsibility for the entire procurement agenda.
Remunerating competitively, this role will be in Singapore working for a business that supports and has genuine policies in place for diversity, work-life balance, and people development.
Current Singapore work rights are required to for this position.
To apply please send your resume by clicking ‘apply now’ or by emailing: