- Job Type Permanent
- Reference JOB
Supply Chain & Logistics
- Posted Date November 09, 2020
- World-class logistics operations environment – enabling the investment of automation and machine learning technology in operations.
- Career defining opportunity with a technology manufacturing giant driving industry-leading logistics practices.
- Unrivalled rewards and career exposure for an ambitious high performer.
The iconic business you will be working for:
They are a global technology business with significant operations and high-profile customers around the globe with consumer-centric supply chains, they have a market capitalisation of >10bn+.
Currently leading their field in innovation through harnessing world-class supply chain operations and practices, they have an ongoing agenda to drive logistics and quality excellence through the best technology available in the market and working with the most talented individuals.
They operate in a time-sensitive and supply critical business environment, as such their investment in the best supply chain and logistics technology to enable exceptional customer service is unrivalled in the industry.
The career opportunity:
The current requirement is a key role within the Logistics Operations organization. Reporting to the Logistics Director, this position leads to identify logistics freight and operations improvement opportunities. Through applying scientific and mathematical principles of engineering to problem solving and developing solutions to enhance operations planning accuracy, this position will drive a synchronized and optimized operations between vendors, manufacturing, customers and logistics, overall achieving defined customer service levels in terms of cost, quality and delivery.
Some duties & responsibilities include:
- Analyzing logistics operations and designing systems/workflows to maximize productivity and reduce waste.
- Creating models or scenarios to predict the impact of changing manufacturing requirements to logistics
- Defining requirements, automate data gathering through queries / leverage data analytics and dashboarding tools for Freight and Warehouse operations data
- Acting as Logistics lead to partner with Manufacturing in material flows and handling
- Equipment redesigns (eg: handing fixtures, metro carts, AGV, material presentation etc)
- Driving 3PL towards effective capacity planning, continuous warehouse productivity improvement and space optimization
The requirements for this role:
The successful candidate for this role will be highly experienced in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics & Supply Chain or Systems Engineering & Design, enabling world-class logistics operations and delivering the best customer service levels through exceptional customer service.
Our client is looking for exposure with capacity modelling, simulation and statistical analysis, data analytics and data visualization that enhance the overall logistics performance within a challenging time and service sensitive logistics environment. Experience in warehouse automation will be an added advantage.
The rewards on offer for the successful candidate:
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package whilst gaining exposure and responsibility for investment in the best logistics operations technology, this will be a highly valuable experience for the future.
This role will be afforded a great deal of autonomy to make improvements and apply improved methods of working. This company dedicates a lot of resources ensuring their key leaders develop, progress and stay with the business and have successful careers.
This company invest in their people and have an excellent reputation and retention rates of key people that enjoy long and progressive careers whilst being remunerated above industry market rates.
To apply for this role:
Click ‘apply now’ or email your resume to: