Back to Jobs
- Location Singapore
- Job Type Permanent
- Reference BH-941
- Salary SGD160000 - SGD240000 per annum, Benefits: transport allowance and bonus
Supply Chain & Logistics
- Posted Date January 03, 2022
Senior Transport Engineering Manager
Currently we are working with a transportation and logistics MNC with a forwarding network spanning over 100 countries.
- Responsible for the delivery of regional transportation solutions
- Responsible for providing transportation innovation for clients across Asia
- Liaise with key stakeholders in driving requirements analysis, solution development, pricing and costing, proposal documentation, solution presentations and negotiations
- Conduct detailed transportation analysis in consideration of delivery times, corridors/lanes, carriers, equipment, resources, regulations, scheduling constraints, costs and service lead time impacts
- Conduct engineering and optimization of route/schedules in consideration of delivery service levels, constraints/time windows and fleet determination
- Be the super user/champion of using advanced transport optimization software (Omnitracs, Llamasoft, Infor, etc) throughout Asia
- Support the optimization and renewal of transport contracts through review of current operating processes, removal of bottlenecks and introduction of innovations to enhance financial returns and create barriers to exit for customers
- Understand market rates for main transport lanes and work with subcontractors and/or vendor managers to ensure most competitive rates
- Support the development and maintenance of a knowledge pricing database of capital, labor and operating costs, carrier rates, lead times and company information
- Undergraduate qualifications in Transportation, Logistics/SCM, MBA, or equivalent experience
- Over 10 years working experience in related industry, at least 5 years in a lead transportation solutions, engineering and/or operations role. Overseas experience in key Asian markets is an advantage
- Working knowledge of Transport Management systems, Telematics and Control Tower systems an advantage; Working knowledge of scheduling, transport planning, fleet management & driver management
- Detailed Knowledge of Transportation operations, routing/scheduling design and optimization and solutions engineering
- Strong geographical knowledge of countries within Asia, including demographics, infrastructure, common corridors, specific zones and transit conditions.
- Strong Mathematical Modelling including Operations Research and Data Analytics skills
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click Apply now. Alternatively, you can email your CV to email@example.com or look me up on LinkedIn and message me there. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. EA Licence Number: 18S9186. EA Registration Number: R1879945.